(BMWs 1988 - Present)
- Change engine oil and filter while engine is at normal
- Check transmission for leaks.
- Check rear axle for leaks.
- Visually check fuel tank, lines and
connection for leaks.
- Check condition, position and mounting of
exhaust system. Examine for leaks.
- Check power steering system
- Check steering for absence of play, condition of suspension
track rods, front axle joints, steering linkage and joint
- Inspect front and rear disc brake pads, check overall thickness.
Examine brake disc surfaces.
- Grease wheel centering hubs.
- Check brake system connections and lines for leaks, damage
and incorrect positioning.
- Check for free movement of the parking brake cables.
Adjust parking brake if necessary.
- Check all tire pressures (including spare). Correct if
- Check condition of tires (outer surfaces, left/right),
tread wear, readjust wheel alignment if requested (invoice
- Read out diagnostic system
- Check engine cooling system/heater hose
connections for leaks. Check coolant level and antifreeze if required
- Check brake fluid level. Add fluid if required.
- Check windshield washer fluid level and antifreeze protection.
Add fluid if required.
- Check air conditioner for operation
- Reset service indicator
Body / Electrical
- Check battery electrolyte level and add distilled water if required.
- Perform battery load test.
- Check lighting system, i.e.; headlights,
fog lights, parking, back-up, license plate, interior (including
map reading lights), glove box,
flashlight, illuminated makeup mirrors, luggage compartment lights.
- Check instrument panel and dashboard illumination.
- Check all warning
indicator lights, check control.
- Check turn signals, hazard warning
flashers, brake lights, horns, headlight dimmer and flasher switch.
- Check wipers and washer system(s); wiper blades, and washer jet
- Check condition and function of safety belts.
- Check central locking/double
- Oil hood, trunk and door hinges. Grease hood, trunk and
door latches. Check operation of all latches.
heater/air conditioner blower, rear window defogger, replace filter
- Check rear view mirrors.
- Install oil service reminder.
- Replace spark plugs.
- Replace intake air cleaner element.
- Half-shafts: Check for leaks
at flexible boots.
- Replace fuel filter.
- Change oil in rear axle while at normal operating
- Change oil in manual
transmission if applicable.
- Change auto transmission fluid
- Road test with check of brakes, suspension, steering clutch/manual transmission
or automatic transmission
back to top